Earth Day: ECC Earns LEED Certification
Although Earth Day comes just once a year, Eastman Companies is committed to promoting environmental awareness and encouraging energy conservation year-round. We are pleased to announce that ECC recently earned the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver certification.
LEED certified buildings:
• Save money and resources
• Have a positive impact on the health of occupants
• Promote renewable, clean energy
The many green actions implemented at ECC to earn LEED Silver Certification include:
• The completion of a solar installation project designed to provide green power, reduce the building’s carbon footprint and lower operational costs. A computer screen in ECC’s lobby shows tenants, in real time, how the solar power is working and what it’s powering.
• The addition of four electric car charging stations
• Upgrading the building’s cooling towers and installing low-flow toilets, urinals and sinks which have decreased water use by almost 70 percent.
• Creating a greener environment in your office can be simple, and even the smallest adjustments can have a big impact. For example:
• Use recycled paper and print on both sides whenever possible
• Turn computers and electronic equipment to the “power save” settings when not in use
• Replace light bulbs in your desk lamp with an ENERGY STAR-qualified bulb – it will last up to 10 times longer and use about 75 percent less energy
• Turn off lights, especially at the end of the day
To see live stats on the power generated through solar power at ECC, go to: EisenhowerGreen.com
Associate Vice President